AdvisorOne: 15 Best Investing Quotes of All Time
Whether markets are roaring ahead or stumbling off a cliff, good, solid advice is always needed to restrain the euphoria or soothe the panic attack. AdvisorOne collected some great, and well-traveled, investing quotes from the well-known and the lesser-known…
The Motley Fool: 25 Important Things to Remember As an Investor
1. The intrinsic value of the stock market as a whole increases by about 1% every six weeks. That’s what you’ll get over the long term. Everything else is noise.
2. Several academic studies have shown that those who trade the most earn the lowest returns. Remember Pascal’s wisdom: “All man’s miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone.”…
The Motley Fool: 50 Unfortunate Truths About Investing
Sorry, but …
1. Saying “I’ll be greedy when others are fearful” is much easier than actually doing it.
2. The gulf between a great company and a great investment can be extraordinary.
3. Markets go through at least one big pullback every year, and one massive one every decade. Get used to it. It’s just what they do.